Hello Guys ,
Today i’m introducing to you a very good file archiver with high compression ratio and the most interesting thing about it is that it is 100% for free coz it is an OPEN-SOURCE and as i told you before (“I’m a big big fan for the the open-source software”)
The program is called 7-ZIP
The official website is https://www.7-zip.org/
About the program , i’m just gonna copy from its website
7-Zip is free software with open source. The most of the code is under the GNU LGPL license. Some parts of the code are under the BSD 3-clause License. Also there is unRAR license restriction for some parts of the code. Read 7-Zip License information.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don’t need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT.
p7zip – the port of the command line version of 7-Zip to Linux/Posix.
On 7-Zip’s SourceForge Page you can find a forum, bug reports, and feature request systems.
We compared 7-Zip with WinRAR 5.20.
FILE SETS: Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5 for Windows and Google Earth 18.104.22.16813 for Windows.
Download 7-Zip 18.05 (2018-04-30) for Windows:
|Download||.exe||32-bit x86||1 MB|
|Download||.exe||64-bit x64||1 MB|
You can just give it a try and i think you will like it.