- Hello my friends ,
Today i’m gonna speak about XAMPP localhost .
It is a 100% free software which allows you to make your own localhost .
having alocalhost or server is very useful for many reasons like:
– If you are a web programmer or even trying to be , it is the best way to practice and even to learn.
– If you are a web developer, it is your best way to practice and to be more experienced.
– Also for the ethical hackers or those who are interested in web security , to exam any script …etc
– Learn how to build your own website , or script.
– Learn PHP, java-script languages and more.
– Deal with website- scripts like Joomla, wordpress, drupal …etc.
– And many many useful thing.
– You can try to learn how to manage and develop many apps/scripts like add-ons. (Check this)
There are many free softwares that are famous and good in this field but for me i prefer XAMPP.
Here is the official website https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
And as they say “””
What is XAMPP?
XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment
XAMPP is a completely free, easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. The XAMPP open source package has been set up to be incredibly easy to install and to use.
And i agree with that 🙂 .
It is free , light ,contains many options .
Also you can very easily download and install many website scripts on it like(joomla, drupal, wordpress ..etc) [ about 26 apps]
check this (https://www.apachefriends.org/add-ons.html)
Downloading the software:
It is available for : Windows,Linux and OS X.
You can download it directly from the website.
Installing XAMPP Local host
After downloading the software install it (It is very simple , nothing next next ..etc).
In windows ,you will find it ( by default in the C drive ).[ C:\xampp ]
[If you faced any problem just let me know.]
In the folder [ C:\xampp ] you will see the following:
Those are the most important files:
- xampp_start >> to start the localhost.
- xampp-control >> to control all the services of XAMPP.
- xampp_stop >> to stop the localhost.
- uninstall >> uninstall the program.
- Your links:
- -To see your localhost which is your server’s main link.
-Your LOCALHOST phpadmin.
We are gonna post many tutorials in using your localhost.(Tutorials)